Favourites Fridays: Late Again



I'm a bit behind on my Favourites Friday again; I have a good excuse though. Friday my PC needed a system restore preformed, and Saturday I was out most of the day with Mum and the boys. 

So better late than never, eh? 

Thanks to all those who commented on last Friday's post, about The Wardstone Chronicels book Alice. Additional thanks to those who commented on my recent Working Wednesdays Post. Much appreciated. 





This week Youngest had a school trip to a place called Wonderland; a nursery rhyme/ fairy tale themed amusement park for toddlers and children.

I didn't think much of the park, to be honest. There was about 20 outdated displays of various stories, and a few fair ground rides. Youngest enjoyed himself, however. He especially liked the bouncy castle. We had fun sitting at Alice in Wonderland's tea table with the Mad Hatter, Alice and the March hair, sampling different tea - we tried broccoli, fish, sweet/ candies and cake flavoured teas! ^_~

Tomorrow he's got a Teddy Bear's Picnic, where he's got to bring in a packed lunch and his favourite stuffed animal; he's still deciding between his black and white dog "Puppy" or the new cheetah Nanny bought for him today.  

Oldest has a busy final three weeks of school coming up. He's got sport's day this week, and a beach disco. Then next week, for the final two weeks of term, he'll have classes with his new teacher. On top of that, he's also part of the school production of Porriage. I don't think he's got a speaking part, those as reserved for the older children, but his class will be dressed as police people and signing. 

I can't believe this coming September will begin his final year in Primary School. Where does the time go? It's hard to imagine that come October, me, him and his dad will be looking at prospective secondary schools! *feels old *

Went out with Mum yesterday for lunch, which was nice, as it's been a while since we've seen each other. Filled her in on my new job at Curiosity Quills, as well as Hubby's new freelance assignment, which I've just been informed I'm not allowed to talk about because it's top secret - it's with a top gaming website, and it's going to be a really interesting piece. 

Hubby and I have been discussing the idea of going on holiday/ vacation again this year. Though I don't want to go in the summer holidays, as I don't deal well with the heat. We've recently discovered there's some local holiday parks, and though there won't be any beaches, it'll have all we need like a pool and kid's entertainment, so we're looking into going in October, like we did last year. 

That's about all for this week. I've mostly been keeping myself busy with work, and my two writing projects. Hopefully I can have the same level of productivity this week.

I'll leave this here with some pictures of Youngest in Wonderland (he does smile, honestly! lol)





4 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet! I remember spending plenty of time at a place called Storybook Land with the girls. They quickly out-grew it. But now I am kinda missing the Storybook days! They grow up so fast- it makes me sad. Good to hear what you've been up to Clare!

    PS It's been hot as Hades here too. I went for a walk with the girls but we had to come back before we melted! I don't know what I was thinking. Walking for miles will have to wait until Fall. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! Yeah, I can't believe how quick my boys are growing too, my Oldest starts his final year in primary school come September! Eeep!

      Ha, walking ten minutes up the road to take the boys to school kills me! I need to get in shape so bad.

      Delete
  2. Great pics! I snap photos so often, so I catch smiles, but the majority of pics have no smiles. It's like they have this psychic power to know exactly when to drop the smile. I like the idea of going on holiday not in the summer too. The heat and I don't get along. Do you have any destinations in mind yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Clare! Cute photos.

    I hope you'll consider joining us again for the Coffeehouse this month. Here's the link: http://armchairsquid.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-cephalopod-coffeehouse-july-blog.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. Your thoughts are always appreciated. ^_^