A-Z Blogging Challenge: D is for Dexter


Thank you for all the comments on yesterday’s entry, C is for Chronicles of Narnia. I continue the A-Z today with;
D is for Dexter

I started watching Dexter in around 2008, before season three aired, and caught up on seasons one and two on DVD.


Though I’ve never read the books, I love the TV series, and unlike some fans don’t think it’s ever had a bad season; though of course there’s seasons I’ve enjoyed more.
I’ve really loved the last three seasons, not just because of the main villain, but also because of the plot.

I liked seeing Dexter finally find happiness with Rita, and then have it all ripped away by Trinity. I loved the concept of the Doomsday Killer, and that Professor James Gellar as a mentor was all in the head of Travis Marshall – much like the ghost of Harry represents Dexter’s own dark passenger. And I’ve loved this latest season where Deb found out who Dexter really was, and had to deal with the consequences of her brother being a serial killer.


Another aspect I’ve always enjoyed was the romance. In the early days I really liked Rita and Dexter together. I adored Deb and Quinn together, and was so sad when they broke up. And I’ve enjoyed seeing Dexter’s other love interests like Lumen and Hannah. 

I’m still undecided how I feel about Dexter and Deb together, sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it. Sometimes I want Dexter to have this one person he can be completely himself with, and other times I want Deb protected from Dexter’s dark world, instead of dragged into it like when she killed LaGuerta.

I also really enjoy the minor/ background characters, and especially want happiness for Angel and Quinn.

I’ve greatly enjoyed the run this show has had, though I do feel with recent developments, season eight will have to be the last. If it is, I’m not sure how I want it to end … happily I think. I’d be sad to see Dexter killed or jailed. I wouldn’t mind him, Deb and Harrison running away somewhere together. 

Check back tomorrow for E is for EastEnders, and if you're interested please check out my writing blog's A-Z of Prenatural Entities latest entry D is for Demons.



14 comments:

  1. I think Dexter is a great show. Unfortunately since I had been without Showtime for a very long time until last year I lost interest. Still think it's a wonderful show but I've missed too much to play catch up right now. Great pick for D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in Sheena-kay! It's a great show, and if you ever get the chance to pick them up cheap on DVD I would.

      Delete
  2. Dexter is an awesome show. I haven't seen the latest season, though. So many shows and so little time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! It's crazy right now with so much on! Hopefully you can catch up soon.

      Delete
  3. I know so many people who love Dexter- but I have to confess I've never seen it. But everyone I know who watches it, swears by it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great show, though I can see how it's not for everyone.

      Delete
  4. I used to love that show, but then I couldn't afford to pay for Showtime and I just gave up on it. Now, I could easily get the DVD's from the library, but I'm too darn busy to sit down and watch it. I also loved "Six Feet Under," which that actor also starred in. He's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you Pamela! I'm sorry I haven't been to your blog for so long, I've really missed your posts. I must come check out your A-Z. Thanks for dropping by to mine. :D

      I didn't know Michael C Hall was in Six Feet Under. I love him, he was great in Gamer, I might have to check SFU out now. :D

      Delete
  5. Ooh, I've not watched the latest series and now I really want to - it sounds great! Better add it to my list of things to watch when I get some time...

    thanks and happy A to Zing :) from Spoon Paws @ www.mummyisagadgetgeek.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in. The last series really was great, you should check it out if you get chance! :D

      Delete
  6. Dexter one of my FAVORITE shows!!! Great theme!
    Connie
    Checkin' in from the A to Z Challenge.
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in Connie. It really is a great show. :D

      Delete
  7. I've only watched a few episodes of season 1, but I really enjoyed it. It's one of those shows I never got around to getting through or catching up on :(

    Jamie @ Mithril Wisdom
    www.mithrilwisdom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in Jamie. If you ever get the chance to get the DVDs or catch it on TV, I would, it's a great show. :D

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting. Your thoughts are always appreciated. ^_^