Bloghop-fail and other Life Updates

I'd like to start off apologising to Jamie at Mithril Wisdom and Allison at Geek Banter; I signed up for your Level Up! Blogfest yesterday, and then never took part. I'm very sorry. I did start writing a post about my love for Dragon Age II's Anders, but I got to 1,500 words, I still hadn't finished and it was nearing 11 pm, so I thought it might be best if I dropped out. Once again, my apologies. Please check out the pieces by everyone who entered, including ones by my own Hubby, friends Kyra LennonChristine Rains and Alex Cavanaugh.

As I mentioned in my last post, I turned thirty last week. We didn't do much to mark the occasion, just had pancakes for breakfast and Indian takeout for dinner, but it was a nice day. And of course there was cake - I got a giant cupcake with butter-cream frosting and edible paper butterflies. 
Thanks for all the lovely birthday wishes; it was really nice having people I've made friends with in the blogging world wish me well. ^_^

My birthday money had already been spent on a new monitor, as our old one broke last week. Though I did manage to pick up a pre-owned 21 inch one for a reasonable price. 

Last weekend was a busy one for us. We had Hubby's parents down on Saturday and they bought presents for the kids, as we didn't get a chance to see them over Christmas. It was lovely catching up with them, and hearing all about my father-in-law's award for long service from the prison where he worked before he retired. On Sunday we visited my mum for a roast beef lunch, and it was great seeing her, my step-dad and sister (again, as we haven't seen anyone properly since before Christmas because of illness). The boys loved playing out in my mum's massive garden with the dogs; two Jack Russells, and we heard all about the business my sister and her boyfriend are setting up; which is a forestry education programme for schools, youth groups etc. 

This week the boys are on half-term holidays, and we have plans to go swimming. I haven't gotten much writing work done - a little on both blogs' A-Zs - but I did get a load of housework done yesterday.

I'll finish this entry off with some pictures from Oldest's birthday tea a few weeks ago.

Sponge Bob Cake

Youngest Waiting for Cake

Candles Lit

Blowing Out Candles

Blowing Out Candles 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Location: West Midlands, UK 
Music: Cee Lo Green - Fuck You
Mood: Calm

8 comments:

  1. Cute cake!
    Sorry you missed the blogfest. Sometimes it's just too much though. Glad you liked my selections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex.

      Yeah, I think if I'd have known in advance and not found out about it on the night of the fest, I would have given it a shot.

      Delete
  2. Don't beat yourself up over it, stuff happens! I've signed up for some blog hops and then forgot all about them until the day I see everyone else posting in them .

    I LOVE the Spongebob cake!! And I'm so glad you finally got the chance to catch up with the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying not to, but I do feel terrible for bailing out on people.

      The cake was delicious! It was great catching up with family, it's been too long. :)

      Delete
  3. No problem--we understand life gets in the way sometimes! And a 1500 word ode to Dragon Age II? That's impressive! Maybe you'll have to post it here sometime anyway :)

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes life happens. Goodness knows I keep beating myself over falling behind on things, but I can't control whether my kid naps or if something else comes up during the day. If only I could afford a nanny! Cute cake. :) I'm glad you had a good birthday. What cake did you get?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries about the blog hop. It does happen. A belated happy birthday to you! Edible butterflies sounds yummy.

    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a lovely birthday. Sounds and looks as if you've been having some nice and sparkly days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. Your thoughts are always appreciated. ^_^